Saturday, May 23, 2009

With.the.end.in.mind

I just got my MRI scan images back today and when I looked at it I thought, "Wow... this is so cool. Its beautiful."

It is the first time I was seeing what was beyond my skin and flesh. My bone, its structure, the parts that hold it together, some of the organs around it... No wonder God saw it and said that it was good.

Then I remembered the process and experience of going through the scan. The waiting, staying still, not being able to move, the cold, the vulnerable feeling... I was fascinate by the whole thing at the start and then fell asleep for certain amount of time and rested. Then waking up again and feeling even more uncomfortable because of the duration involved in the scan.

All that to see what is beneath the skin, the beauty that God calls good, hidden under my skin.

I almost immediately thought about my life now and the journey I've embarked on. Meditating on it, if put parallel to each other, this (the MRI experience) would be identical when superimposed upon my journey.

"The wait" as I would call it, will be uncomfortable, I'll have to stay still as much as I want to move, it will at times feel cold, I'll be vulnerable to my emotions, thoughts and desires with God and others (at times)... there will be seasons when this part of me will be asleep and also uncomfortable when it awakens/for the duration it remains awake.

And then I remember the end product, to be able to see the beauty, the wonder of it, what was beneath the surface... what God called GOOD.


"Sometimes you have to tear things down to build it back up again."
-from the movie Joshua.

1 comment:

  1. "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."
    - Philippians 4:13

    ReplyDelete